sdWhy You Treat Me Like a Dog?: It's Saturday Night Again - Movie! .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Main Page
Saturday, April 01, 2006
 
It's Saturday Night Again - Movie!
Wow, this is the eighth installment of Flick of Da Week. It's getting tougher to find good movies to share. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up!

Anyway, the image pictured in the right column is from this week's film, which though excellent, interesting and well-done, wasn't widely released. It was an unusual role for Samuel L. Jackson, but nonetheless, he does a great job as always. Two questions to address:

1) What is the name of the film?
2) What is the significance of the title?

Good luck.

Previous weeks:

Saturday Night Movie I
Saturday Night Movie II
Saturday Night Movie III
Saturday Night Movie IV
Saturday Night Movie V
Saturday Night Movie VI
Saturday Night Movie VII
Comments:
i loved this film... THE RED VIOLIN.

The common theme is this violin that passes down through historical time periods...and the "red" is that the reddish-wood instrument is associated with death that befalls its owners...thus red = blood? How's that for film class 101?
 
Wow...you got me... finally, Wanderer...a film I actually haven't seen.
I feel.........UNWORTHY :(

Yay for Pearl! Babke will be on your doorstep in the morning.
 
I Know that one...again, I am not going to look above.

1) The Red Violin

2) You get to witness the travels, history and stories behind each who has owned the violin
 
Wow - I stumped Cruisin' Mom!

Pearl & Sweettooth got the title right, and yes it is about what happens to the owners and the stories behind the violin. But there is more to the title than that, and its a twist that we don't find out until the end!

Cruisin' - may I suggest you rent this movie and perhaps you can enlighten Pearl and Sweettooth? I don't want to spoil the end for you!
 
Does it have something to do with it being a "red herring?" That's all I will say since CM hasn't seen the movie.
 
No, its actually not a red herring. The title of the film has significance.

Anyone, anyone? Cruisin' Mom, maybe when you're done with Pride and Prejudice you could rent the movie and help Sweettooth out? Maybe Ralphie, who last week felt slighted for me choosing an easy movie like Marathon Man...
 
I will definitely rent this movie now...you go my curiosity up!
 
*got*
 
Great film for a rainy day like today...
 
How long are you going hold out? C'mon Randi, watch the movie, so Wanderer will tell us the real meaning. : )
 
With Cruisin' Mom's permission I will spill the beans here, but only if she promises not to come back to these comments until after she has seen the movie.

So whaddaya think Cruisin'?!?
 
Oooops! sorry, didn't read that til today. Spill away, Wanderer
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger