sdWhy You Treat Me Like a Dog?: On My Mind .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Main Page
Thursday, March 16, 2006
 
On My Mind
Borrowing from posts on Stacey's Shmata here and here, where she just lists stuff going on in her life, I've decided to do something similar. So without further ado, I bring you:

Five Things On My Mind

1) Is Elliott Yamin Jewish?

Those of you watching American Idol know who I'm talking about. Unconfirmed reports elsewhere in the blogosphere report that his real name is Ephraim Yamin and that he is in fact a member of the tribe. Elsewhere in the blogosphere also states that he has a face made for radio, which means he probably won't win. I predict either Chris Daughtry or Katherine McPhee.

2) There have now been three shootings at Denny's.

In Pismo Beach, Ontario and Anaheim - I've never been to any of them.

3) No one will buy the rug we're trying to sell on Ebay.

We bought a Pottery Barn wool rug on Ebay for our son's room a few weeks ago and it turns out that it sheds worse than an Old English Sheepdog. We're trying to sell it (at a loss!) and its been listed for a second time now without any bidders. For now, its sitting wrapped and rolled up in our entrance hallway, waiting for a buyer. I've sold many things on Ebay before, and this has never been a problem. Aaargh!

4) We're having a leaky window in our house removed, rebuilt and then reinstalled next week.

It's got me scared - let's just say I've had some bad experiences with contractors.

5) Will Doctor Bean ever blog again?

He's the one who got me into this crap, and though he does scatter comments around the blogosphere, I must admit I miss his Reaganesque, smirky posts. I'm thinking of starting a Bring Back Bean campaign.

So there you have it - feel free to take any of these on (or none!).
Comments:
Try Craig's List for the Rug.
 
okay, Wanderer, now I'm going to comment on all 5 and I expect a pound of Hamentashen, chocolate, ice cream, a babke, something, okay?
1) Yep, don't think Elliot will win. I was thinking he might be Jewish. Truthfully, he doesn't have a good enough voice...I agree with your picks. (and not just cause I want chocolate)
2)I have been to Denny's, and their food could drive you to shoot.
3)Have you tried contacting ebay to stand behind you on the purchasing of a "faulty" product?
4)Contractors=scary. I wish you luck.
5)I'm with you..."WE WANT BEAN, WE WANT BEAN, WE WANT BEAN...COME ON, SAY IT WITH ME NOW..."
There...waiting for prize
oh, actually, I'll be waiting here til tomorrow nite for "movie night".
Hope someone brings me dinner.
 
sweettooth - yes I've actually sold stuff on Craig's List before and it went pretty smoothly. Only disadvantage with Craig's List is you have to have strangers coming to your house. We'll see, if Ebay doesn't work out, maybe we will try Craig's List.

CM - I think Elliott's voice is actually good enough, but as I said "his face made for radio" is what's going to prevent him from winning.

Unfortunately, the rug is not faulty, it just sheds way more than we expected and therefore Ebay can't help.

After talking to Bean, I don't see him coming back to full time blogging any time soon... He knows he is missed.

Stay tuned for movie night!
 
Wanderer and Cruisin-Mom: Thanks for the sentiment. I don't know what to tell you. I just lost the itch. Don't have the slightest desire to post no more. Glad I passed it on to Wanderer though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger