sdWhy You Treat Me Like a Dog?: History Was Made Today .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Main Page
Thursday, March 23, 2006
 
History Was Made Today
As some of you may know from previous posts, I have had issues with contractors. Well, our latest home improvement project started today and I am amazed to report it got off to a great start.

The first contractor was scheduled to arrive at 7 AM. Of course, our baby son normally wakes up at 6 AM, but today decided to sleep in... Anyway, the first contractor actually arrived at 7:20 AM which in Pacific Standard Contractor Time is within one standard deviation of arriving on time, so not too bad.

And then, things really got amazing.

The second contractor, who was scheduled to arrive at 10:30-11:00 AM, actually arrived at 9:55 AM. It was so incredible, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him. My wife is still choked up about it.

Then, I called the third contractor, who wasn't even really supposed to come today, and told him he could come by and pick up the old window frame so he could start working on the new one. His response: "I'll be right over."

My response: "What did you say?' .

He said, again: "I'll be right over."

And he came right over.

Contractors #2 and #3 finished their work in about 20 minutes and left. Contractor #1 boarded up the old window space, and he just left as well.

I am beside myself. I don't know what to do. I had cancelled my office hours until 2 PM today so I could be here to help supervise and now all the contractors are gone, having shown up on time and efficiently getting their work done!

Something is terribly wrong here, but I haven't yet put my finger on it...


Comments:
I see the rainbow...but where's the pot of gold?
And a rainbow usually follows a storm, yet there was none to speak of...
 
Surely this is a sign that an irate neighbor next week will throw a bowling ball through your new window.

Still, enjoy it while it lasts.
 
Pearl - sheesh you have to get all technical and stuff. I was just happy - y'know happiness, rainbows, etc., etc.

Bean - you're probably right, and stop calling me Shirley.
 
Wanderer: ever heard of Bizarro World? You're in it!
"My wife is still choked up about it".
That's the greatest line.
"Stop calling me Shirley"...perhaps a clue to this weeks movie post?!!!
 
CM - Airplane? Naw - way too easy. I'm thinking about something really obscure that would possibly stump you, maybe give Sweettooth a chance to get in...
 
I'll wait til midnight, how's that?! (you hear that Sweettooth?...that gives you til 3:00am)
 
I met with a contractor last night and am interviewing another today and two next week. Oy, I share your pain.
 
CM - sounds like a plan!

Jack - I interviewed 4 different contractors for the main part of this job and finally found one I liked. He's a little pricier than some of the others, but seems honest and thoughtful and appears to have good problem solving skills. So far, so good...
 
Crap!

We're starting a major kitchen project next week and you've USED UP ALL THE GOOD KARMA!!
 
I hope I haven't used all the good karma - they still have to come back and finish the job in two weeks!

Good luck with the kitchen project, PT! Ours should have taken six weeks, and ended up taking 3 months...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger