sdWhy You Treat Me Like a Dog?: Lame Post .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Main Page
Thursday, January 19, 2006
 
Lame Post
Our six month old son got his first cold. We haven't slept more than two hours in a row in a week. Now I have a cold too. I really can't think very well. Please discuss the following and tell me what it means:

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings.
The six o'clock alarm would never ring.
But it rings and I rise,
Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.
My shavin' razor's cold and it stings.

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.
Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.

You once thought of me
As a white knight on a steed.
Now you know how happy I can be.
Oh, and our good times start and end
Without dollar one to spend.
But how much, baby, do we really need.

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.
Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.
Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.
Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.

[Repeat and fade]

Thank you very much. We hope to resume regularly scheduled programming soon.
Comments:
Mmmm... Sounds like you're hallucinating again from sleep deprivation. Fortunately, during the day all you do is make life and death decisions about people. So you got that goin' for you.

Nap a lot this weekend. Feel better. Tell your homecoming queen I said hi.
 
Wanderer... I'll have you know that I was a member of the Monkees Fan club in fifth grade...this is one of the greatest songs ever!
Feel better (maybe you could forgo any heart surgeries for the next few days?)
 
Oh yes The Monkees are certainly one of the best bubble-gum-made-for-TV bands ever!

This song is just sweet and I really don't know what it means. The first stanza tells a little bit of a story about being comfy asleep and then being jarred awake.

I guess Jean is then told to cheer up. But what exactly is a daydream believer? One who believes in daydreams, that they will come true? And what does it have to do with a homecoming queen? Where does she come in?

Then it becomes a sweet love story about how much fun they have together and that money doesn't make a difference.

Sounds like a bunch of non-sequitirs to me, but like I said - one of my favorites!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger