sdWhy You Treat Me Like a Dog?: More Vacation Fun! .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Main Page
Thursday, January 05, 2006
 
More Vacation Fun!
As promised, more details of my low-key vacation...

We moved into our house about a year and a half ago and had it painted. At the time we thought it would be cool if our dining room had the feel of a Parisian bistro, and therefore we had it painted a deep red color, called Sangria. It works really in Paris, but we decided it was too dark for our house, and have decided to change it to a lighter, brighter, Dijon Mustard like color called Saffron. Here's what it looked like when it was Sangria before I started the prep work:



I actually enjoy painting, provided its in limited doses. The most important three words in painting are prep, prep, and prep, and I've also learned to use the best brushes, etc. So far I've prepped the room, and just finished a first coat of primer:



I'll post the final results, hopefully by Sunday!

Aside from painting, I also have taken the time to go to the dentist since I haven't had the time to go as often as I'd like to. Here is a photo of my teeth from the beginning of the week, before I went to the dentist. He said I had no cavities, but had to do a better job flossing. As you can see in the photo, I have not shaven since being on vacation:



After a trim of the beard, the teeth cleaning and a treatment with the Zoom! whitening system, the results are much better:



Note that your results with the Zoom! system may vary...

Whaddaya think? Nothing like a good low-key vacation to catch up on things, no?

Comments:
You were doing well until the picture of the teeth. Bleccch!

Maybe I should post my disgusting story on this blog.
 
Watch what you say about dentists...I sleep with mine...your teeth look lovely now Wanderer...thought the before look was kinda , uh, unique though. Very impressed you do your own painting...not many Jewish guys who do, you know. Luckily I got me one of those rare Jewish guys who can fix anything.
 
Dude! I just ate lunch. Now I have a hurl on deck. I'm going to yak, to shout at my shoes, to call Ralph on the big white phone...
 
PT - feel free, as long as its still funny! Been waiting soooooo looooonnnnggggggggggg....

CM - the fix-it gene is recessive in Jewish men, but seems to be more prevalent in Israelis. I inherited it from my parents.

DB- does the dining room look that bad? It's not even finished yet. And what does Ralphie have to do with it?
 
"the fix-it gene is recessive in Jewish men, but seems to be more prevalent in Israelis. I inherited it from my parents."

Any factual evidence to back this up...aside from your personal story?

My husband is Israeli-born, as were his parents and grandparents. My husband's father was a carpenter, and when he passed away, my hubby inherited his tools. He actually knows how to use them!

And if he doesn't know how to do something, he'll teach himself. I'm always impressed with that aspect of him...and pleased that I don't always have to dish out dollars to a handyman.

BTW, those teeth (before & after) deserve their own infomercial. As well, I love the chosen saffron color; our staircase and upper landing is a similar shade.
 
Pearl - I don't have any objective data to support the genetic linkage between handiness and Israeliness... But just as you have observed it in your husband, I have observed it in myself and others. My friends are amazed when I take on home improvement projects myself, but I really enjoy them and get alot of satisfaction out of doing them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger