sdWhy You Treat Me Like a Dog?: Should I Eat It? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Main Page
Saturday, November 12, 2005
 
Should I Eat It?
One of my patients, a very sweet older guy with terrible heart failure, was ecstatic because we were able to get him medically tuned up enough for him to go home and visit the old country, where his brother was ill. He just got back, and to express his gratitude brought me a gift:


Aside from the fact that I was touched he got me a gift, I also got a kick out of the fact that he got his cardiologist a heart-shaped collection of pistachios, almonds, cashews and assorted other nuts. Here's a blow up of the label from the upper left hand corner:



Look where they're from - should I eat them?!?!?!

Comments:
Clicking on the picture doesn't pop up a bigger version. So you'll have to tell us, where is it from? I think I'm seeing some Arabic writing on the label. Iran? Some Arab country?

Are you worried it's poison? Put it in your waiting room for your other patients to sample!
 
Yup it's from Teheran. I worked up the guts to eat some and they're really delicious, only problem is I find myself saying "Allahu Akbar" between every bite... Is that normal?
 
Dude, you're losing it. The guy who gave them to you is probably an Iranian Jew anyway.
 
It's been almost a week without a post.

Why you treat your readers like a dog?
 
Goldstone - your weirdness never ceases to amaze me.

Bean - geez at least we don't post about rats and blue pens and about perfectly good organizations like the ADL...
 
Rats and blue pens is how we get all our traffic. People are constantly googling rats and blue pens and flocking to our site. Who's gonna google "persian nuts"?
 
LOL - good one! We will try to post higher traffic topics in the future!
 
I wouldn't eat them, but not because they are persian nuts (working on your hits here). Any kind of nut will cause me to explode from within.

Do you hear that Bean, no Waldorf salads!

But back in the day, Iranian pistachios were the best.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger